September 27, 2010

It is well with my soul.

Here I am saying the cliche phrase: Depression hurts, but it is so true. It is such a strange thing to experience. It is like there is this shield over you where you disconnect from the world and those around you. You try to have deep, meaningful conversations but sometimes they feel fake because you are not sure if you truly believe what you are saying. You used to believe it, but right now you are not so sure. It is a very confusing state to be in. Things just don't appear the way they were before. It is so painful because you feel so empty and alone. I fully know God allows these things and He never said it would be easy, but I never knew it would hurt this much either. It is such a struggle trying to keep your faith and focus on God when you feel like everything else around you is crashing down. Today a song keeps playing over and over in my head. I keep hearing the same line again and again. It brings me comfort and hope. It is well with my soul. It just gives me this picture that everything is going to be okay. 


No comments:

Post a Comment